1. Who we are
We are “Tapmydata”, the trading name of Personal Privacy Solutions limited, a company registered in the UK number 11387482. We have the rights to, and operate, tapmydata.com, and all content within it.
To contact us, please email email@example.com. Our postal address is 86 Bedminster Parade, Bristol, BS3 4HL.
2. Changes to our website and terms
Tapmydata may update and change the terms or the content on our website from time to time to reflect changes to our products and services, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any meaningful changes.
3. Suspension or withdrawal of our website
Our website is made available free of charge. Tapmydata does not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
4. Content on our website
Tapmydata is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the content on the Tapmydata website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors, or unless expressly permitted in an agreement you have with us.
You may use the Tapmydata website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material, that contains viruses, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
We make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, but make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
5. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where the Tapmydata website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
6. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a organisation user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions applicable to those products or services.
- If you are an organisation:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: use of, or inability to use, our website; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website
- In particular, we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect, consequential, or incidental loss or damage.
If you are a consumer:
- Except as provided for by these or other terms and conditions accepted by you, you agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
8. Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Complaints may be reported to us through our “contact” link on the website or by post at the address above. We will reply to all complaints within 10 working days.
9. Our trademarks
Tapmydata is a trade mark of Personal Privacy Solutions Ltd. You are not permitted to use the Tapmydata trademark without our prior written approval.
Our App enables people to take back control over the use of their personal data, through the following actions:
Request: See what data organisations hold about you.
Store: Verify and store your data in your personal data locker.
Earn: Receive TAP coins to spend in the market place.
Our App provides you with the personal data and other information held on you by third parties based upon your requests made through the App (collectively, the “Personal Data”). We operate platform services for our users driven by legally-recognised rights around the use of their Personal Data. To learn more about how Tapmydata protects your privacy, please see our Privacy Notice. The Personal Data is for your own personal use and Tapmydata makes no representation or warranty as to its accuracy or completeness or that a company will respond to the request made on your behalf.
3. App form and features
The form, nature and functionalities of the App may change from time to time without prior notice to you. Also, we may discontinue temporarily or permanently operating the App or any features within the App towards you or towards users generally at any time and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on the use of storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
4. App users
We reserve the right at all times (but we will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to compile any Personal Data and to terminate users. If and to the extent we deem it necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms, including investigations of a potential violation thereof, (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of Tapmydata, its users or the public, we reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any related Personal Data.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password you use to access your account and for any actions taken by using your password.
6. Limitations on use
There are limitations on the use of the App. These limitations comply with legal requirements and aim to protect our users from abuse and to make the use of the App the best possible experience for all users. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. No abuse of our App will be tolerated. Any violation of these rules may lead to a temporary or permanent suspension or deletion of your account.
Unlawful Use: You shall not use the App or any Personal Data provided for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of any illegal activities. International users are required to comply with all applicable local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
Unauthorized Access: You shall not do any of the following while accessing or using the App: (i) access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the App (except for your own account), Tapmydata computer systems or the technical delivery systems of our providers; (ii) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) attempt to access or search the App or any Personal Data by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces; or (iv) interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to do so, the access of any user, host or network.
No Misuse: You confirm that you have a customer, member or other pre-existing relationship with the companies you request information from or towards which you exercise any other individual data protection rights, or that you have reason to believe that a company has or could have your Personal Data.
No Spamming: You may not use our App to request information from or exercise any other individual data protection rights under the GDPR towards companies with which you have no pre-existing relationship or of which you have no reason to believe that they may have your Personal Data.
No Reproduction: You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the App content or its design and look or any information derived from the App. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the App content or its design and look or any information or to reproduce, store, link, frame or deep-link it on any other App or in any other medium or format without our prior express consent. Further, you shall not use the App for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
No Malicious Software and Content: You shall not provide any malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise any user’s privacy.
Respect for Privacy of Third Parties: You shall not disclose other people’s personal data without their prior expressed consent.
7. Intellectual property
All copyright, trademark, design, database right, patent and other intellectual property right, title and interest in and to the App will remain the exclusive property of Tapmydata and its licensors. The elements of the App, including without limitation the general design and the imagery are protected by copyright, trademark, design, database right, patent and other laws relating to intellectual property rights of England and Wales. Absent our prior written consent, nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use the Tapmydata name or any of Tapmydata’s trademarks, logos, domain names or other distinctive brand features. You are not entitled to use the content of the App for commercial exploitation in any circumstances. In case you breach the terms of this provision, Tapmydata will have the right to claim damages against you which shall include the right to claim direct, indirect or consequential damages and loss of profits.
These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to You from the time that Tapmydata provides You with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom You are using the Service. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
means the monthly fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by You in accordance with the Fee Schedule.
includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website.
means the information relating to subscriptions and billing set out on the Tapmydata subscriptions and billing pages on the website, or any other page(s) on the Website notified by Tapmydata, which may be updated or amended by Tapmydata from time to time.
“Intellectual Property Right”
means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
means the online accounting and personal finance management services made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Tapmydata) via the Website.
means the Internet site at the domain portal.tapmydata.com or any other site operated by Tapmydata.
means Personal Privacy Solutions Limited, registered in the UK #11387482
means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User. “Your” has a corresponding meaning.
2. Use of Software
Tapmydata grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
(a). the Subscriber determines who is an Invited User and what level of user role access to the relevant organization and Service that Invited User has;
(b). the Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users’ use of the Service;
(c). the Subscriber controls each Invited User’s level of access to the relevant organization and Service at all times and can revoke or change an Invited User’s access, or level of access, at any time and for any reason, in which case that person or entity will cease to be an Invited User or shall have that different level of access, as the case may be;
(d). if there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access to any organization or Service, the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
3. Your Obligations
(a). Payment obligations:
An invoice for the Access Fee will be issued each month in accordance with the details set out in the Fee Schedule. Tapmydata will continue invoicing You in accordance with the Fee Schedule until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with clause 8.
All Tapmydata invoices will be sent to You, or to a Billing Contact whose details are provided by You, by email. Payment of all amounts specified in an invoice must be paid in accordance with the Fee Schedule. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Access Fee.
(b). Preferential pricing or discounts:
You may from time to time be offered preferential pricing or discounts for the Access Fees as a result of the number of organizations that You have added to the Service or that have been added with Your authority or as a result of Your use of the Service (‘Organizations’). Eligibility for such preferential pricing or discounts is conditional upon Your acceptance of responsibility for payment of any Access Fees in relation to all of Your Organizations. Without prejudice to any other rights that Tapmydata may have under these Terms or at law, Tapmydata reserves the right to render invoices for the full (non-discounted) Access Fees due or suspend or terminate Your use of the Service in respect of any or all of Your Organizations in the event that any invoices for those Access Fees are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule.
(c). General obligations:
You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Tapmydata or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorised to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
4. Access conditions:
(a). You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Tapmydata of any unauthorized use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and Tapmydata will reset Your password and You must take all other actions that Tapmydata reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Tapmydata’s computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
(b). As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
i. not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Tapmydata’s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
ii. not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
iii. not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
iv. not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
v. not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
5. Usage Limitations:
Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to monthly transaction volumes and the number of calls You are permitted to make against Tapmydata’s application programming interface. Any such limitations will be advised.
6. Communication Conditions:
As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (such as any forum, chat room or message center), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): offers of goods or services for sale, unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use).
You indemnify Tapmydata against: all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to Tapmydata, including (but not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Access Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
8. Confidentiality and Privacy
Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
1. Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
2. Each party’s obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
3. The provisions of clauses 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
i. is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
ii. is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
iii. is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
iv. is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
9. Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Tapmydata (or its licensors).
(b). Ownership of Data:
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. However, Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the Tapmydata Access Fee when due. You grant Tapmydata a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
(c). Backup of Data:
You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Tapmydata adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Tapmydata expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
(d). Third-party applications and your Data.
If You enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, You acknowledge that Tapmydata may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. Tapmydata shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
10. Warranties and Acknowledgements
You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the person on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
You acknowledge that:
1. You are authorized to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorized to use the Service. You are also authorized to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
2. Tapmydata has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
i. You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
ii. You are responsible for authorizing any person who is given access to information or Data, and you agree that Tapmydata has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorisation and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
iii. You will indemnify Tapmydata against any claims or loss relating to:
i. Tapmydata’s refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms,
ii. Tapmydata’s making available information or Data to any person with Your authorisation.
3. The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an “as is ” basis and at Your own risk.
4. Tapmydata does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Tapmydata is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
5. It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
6. You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software and the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
(c). No warranties:
Tapmydata gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Tapmydata does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
(d). Consumer guarantees:
You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
11. Limitation of Liability
(a). To the maximum extent permitted by law, Tapmydata excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
(b). If You suffer loss or damage as a result of Tapmydata’s negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against Tapmydata arising from Tapmydata’s negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the Access Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
(c). If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 11.
(a). Trial policy
When You first sign up for access to the Services You can evaluate the Services under the defined trial usage conditions, with no obligation to continue to use the Services. If You choose to continue using the Services thereafter, You will be billed when You first add Your billing details into the Services, as set out in more detail in the Fee Schedule.
(b). Prepaid Subscriptions
Tapmydata will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
(c). No-fault termination:
These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Access Fee paid or payable. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee in accordance with the Fee Schedule, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving at least one month’s advance written notice. If You elect to terminate these Terms by providing one month’s’ advance written notice, You shall be liable to pay all relevant Access Fees up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
1. breach any of these Terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
2. breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.3, 3.4 or any payment of Access Fees that are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule); or
3. You or Your business become insolvent or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
Tapmydata may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
4. Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
5. Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, Your use of the Services and the Website;
6. Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
7. Take either of the actions in sub-clauses (d), (e) and (f) of this clause 8(4) in respect of any or all other persons whom You have authorized to have access to Your information or Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Access Fees due in relation to any of Your Billing Contacts, Billing Plans or any of Your Organizations (as defined at clause 3) is not made in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule, Tapmydata may: suspend or terminate Your use of the Service, the authority for all or any of Your Organizations to use the Service, or Your rights of access to all or any Data.
(e). Accrued Rights:
Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
1. remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination; and
2. immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
13. Help Desk
(a). Technical Problems:
In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Tapmydata. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided online by Tapmydata on the Website or failing that email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(b). Service availability:
Whilst Tapmydata intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place.
If for any reason Tapmydata has to interrupt the Services for longer periods than Tapmydata would normally expect, Tapmydata will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
(a). Entire agreement:
If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
(d). No Assignment:
You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Tapmydata’s prior written consent.
(e). Governing law and jurisdiction:
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Tapmydata must be sent to email@example.com or to any other email address notified by email to You by Tapmydata. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
(h). Rights of Third Parties:
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.