How to get MATIC tokens on the Polygon network
1. First you will need to add the MATIC Mainnet to your MetaMask wallet by visiting glitch.tapmydata.com and clicking “Connect with MetaMask”. This will automatically add the network to your wallet.
2. When you have completed that, you will need to switch to the Polygon network (Matic Mainnet) in MetaMask to see your address.
How to buy directly from MetaMask
If you would like to purchase directly from MetaMask on the Polygon network, then it couldn’t be easier.
1. Click on MetaMask and change networks to the Matic Mainnet (or Polygon Network)
2. Next you will want to click “Buy” and choose a payment method.
3. Click “Transak”.
4. Next you will want to choose the amount you wish to purchase and currency, in this case we will be choosing “Matic” on the Polygon network.
5. Follow the purchasing steps, and after completion the Matic will appear in your selected wallet under the “Matic Mainnet”
How to bridge MATIC tokens to the Polygon network
If you already own MATIC on the Ethereum network, this is how you can bridge them to Polygon and start minting your Glitch ID:
1. Head on over to https://wallet.polygon.technology/bridge and connect your wallet.
2. When you have connected, you will be transferred to the bridging portal to change your assets.
3. Next, select which tokens you want to send, and click “Transfer”. It will take about 7-8 minutes to deposit your funds.
4. A pop up will appear to sign and approve the transaction in your MetaMask wallet. This is where you will see the gas fee. After paying, a progress bar indicating when your transfer is complete will appear.
You should now be able to see your new balance in your MetaMask wallet on the MATIC Mainnet.
You can now go ahead and mint your Glitch ID with MATIC tokens here.